The Botswana Tennis Association is committed to development of skilled and qualified coaches at all levels. This is because the Association considers development of Coaching very critically to the success of athletes and the organization. In that light, the BTA hereby forms the Botswana Tennis Coaches Commission as a substructure of the Association.
The purpose of the Commission is to provide advice and guidance to BTA Board and staff in relation to coaching education and development in Botswana.
- Promote and protect coaches welfare as we as be the voice of coaches.
- Coordinate the development of new and existing coaches in accordance with the current Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Providing advice and guidance regarding coaching development programmes.
- Develop an annual coach education and development programme in conjunction with the Director Coaching and Sport Development.
- Provide policy recommendations for the development of coaches.
- Organize and coordinate, from time to time, regional and national coaching conferences/workshops.
- Maintain a Code of Conduct for Coaches and address breaches of the code by registered coaches.
The Commission shall consist of:
- Up to four (2) qualified Coaches
- BTA Office (ex officio)